Class Assignments for CDA 1522
This is the list of assignments for CDA 1522. As assignments are given
in class, this page will be updated with the due date and point value of
the assignments. Any items that I ask you to e-mail me or send to me electronically,
please be sure to edit the file and tell me who you are so you get credit
- Assignment 1
- Due Date: week of 01/22/01
- Points: 5
- Send an e-mail to me at my address listed in the class
syllabus. I just need to know you can
contact me via e-mail if you need to.
- Assignment 2
- Due Date: Before class on 01/29/01
- Points: 12
- Complete the first open-book online quiz. To take the quiz, log on to
your CMS account from class and issue the command "ETS CDA1522 QZ1".
- Assignment 3
- Due Date: 02/05/01
- Points: 5
- Build a working, tested Unshielded Twisted Pair Patch Cable with RJ-45
data connectors on each end. Use EIA 568B wiring pattern. Show me the results
of the sucsessful test.
- Assignment 4
- Due Date: 03/26/00
- Points: 10
- Configure a router for basic IP connectivity between two segments.
Specific configuration guidelines will be given.
- Assignment 5
- Due Date: Class presentations will be on 04/30/01
- Points: 15
- Present to class and turn in a written proposal for a network design.
A project list and parts price list will be provided.
Choose a project from the project list. A premium
of 2 extra points will be given for choosing any design proposal other than
- For parts and services costs, please use the basic
price list. Here is an example of a video network
- Assignment 6
- Due Date: End of term
- Points: 10+
- Create and Serve Web pages. Please try not to use an HTML editor to do
this assignment. Keep the pages simple and useful. Part of the assignment
is to get your pages uploaded to a server on the Internet and tested. This
process will be reviewed in class. Everyone will select a Networking related
topic for research and develop pages which contain information and links
to other information about that topic. At completion, all the pages will
be indexed and posted so you will have access to one anothers' research.
When completed and uploaded, you will be able to view the work of all the
students at http://www.scottsnetworkclass.com/~student/
Return to Scott's Network Class page