General Class Information
- Course Syllabus
- This page contains general guidelines for the class, how to contact
the instructor and how grades are determined.
- Class Schedule Monday Night Class
- This is a class by class guide listing the planned activities and readings
for each lesson. Links to on-line lectures may be found here.
- Regular class assignments
- These assignments are a required part of the class, they are posted
on this list with the point value of each assignment and the due date
- Extra credit assignments
- This is a list of optional assignments that you may choose to do to
help improve your grade or just for a little extra experience
The On-line Lectures
- Basic Networking Concepts
- This is the introductory lecture for Computer Networks class.
- Network Wiring Basics
- This lecture gives an overview of different wire and fiber types and configurations.
- Ethernet & Token Ring
- An introduction to Ethernet and Token Ring. Covers implementations and characteristics.
- Network Interconnections
- The basics of repeaters, bridges/switches, routers and gateways.
- Internet and TCP-IP
- This lecture is a great introduction to the Internet and the technical details
that students of Computer Networks should be concerned with.
- HTML - Web Page development
- The HTML lecture is designed to instruct the basic networking student how
to create pages for the World Wide Web.
- Cisco Router Configuration
- This is a very basic introduction to configuration of Cisco Routers.
- Novell Netware Concepts and Installation
- A guide to the installation of a Novell Netware server. Introduction to
the basic concepts of Netware.
- Windows NT Concepts
- This lecture introduces the concepts of Windows NT, domains, workgroups,
- Telephone Systems
- A brief introduction to the telephone system and PBXs
- Using the Internet with CMS
- This handbook explains how to use the Internet from CMS (the mainframe).
It contains all the answers to the online Internet test. How to take the
online test is also explained in this document.
- FCCJ Computing Resources
- This page links to FAQs about the computing resources availiable at FCCJ.
- FCCJ CBT Information page
- Instruction pages for utilizing the CBT resources at FCCJ (must be enrolled in CDA1522 this term to use)
- An excellent reference for Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 LAN Technologies.
- Token Ring Networking
- A collection of information describing Token Ring/IEEE 802.5 LAN Technologies
- Good document from Rutgers on TCP-IP, etc.
to LANs page
- A collection of pointers to technologies, protocols, products, companies
- Introduction to SNA
- A brief introduction to Systems Networking Architecture from Yale.
- Network Management/Components
- This page is a great reference on structured wiring techniques and network
- This table provided a detailed comparison of LAN technologies. It is quite
useful to the student of computer networks.
- A great ATM tutorial and ATM related links.
Neil's Frame Relay Page
- Frame Relay resources and information
- Dan Kegel's ISDN Page
- Authoratative collection of information about ISDN
- The OSI
Reference Model Page
- All about the OSI Model Architecture
- UNIX Links page
- A collection of links useful to those learning about UNIX
- Tons of
- Networking Meta Index from TechFest/DD>
- Data Comm Wiring
- Everything you wanted to know about Data wiring
- Ethernet FAQ
- Frequently asked questions about Ethernet
- Token Ring FAQ
- Frequently asked questions about Token Ring
- Mail Protocols
- Frequently asked questions about Mail Protocols - POP, IMAP, etc.
- Various Network Related usenet newsgroups